Whole-house air purifiers use a complex air purification system to improve the air quality in your house. They operate in a centralized manner, but often work best in conjunction with a home’s central cleaning and cooling system. As the HVAC system runs, air is drawn into the whole-house air purifier clean through a high end purification system and then delivered back into your room via an already installed duct pipe.
But like small air purifiers, different air purifiers have strengths in cleaning out different types of air particles. Continue reading to learn more about this and how you could install one of these devices into your house.
For starters, there are people who survive with simple air filters and it works just fine for them. However, your health and your family’s health is by no means something you should gamble about. It is therefore of paramount importance to look for a great air purifier that will suit your family’s need and clean out in specific the type of pollutants affecting you the most. With that in mind, think about the types of pollutants you and your family face the most every day and choose an air purifier that is highly efficient at eliminating them.
If you suffer from pet dander the most for instance, go for an air purifier whose main strengths leis in eliminating pet dander. Also, keep in mind that whole-house will have to be installed by a certified professional or contracting company; hence revise your budget accordingly.
So, why buy a whole-house Air Purifier?
A lot of people think that it is just enough to buy a portable air purifier for one house. True, portable air purifiers are cheap and equally efficient, but who knows your home’s energy needs more than you? Again, an average portable air purifier can only improve the air quality of a single room. But are your pets confined to one place alone? What about the gas odors? Do you just perceive them in the kitchen? If the problem is bigger than a single room, I bet the best option would be to go for a device that caters for all rooms in your house. After all, there are too many flaws with homes that have poor indoor air quality.
Think about the headaches you experience for instance, nausea and fatigue coming from poor air circulation and probably decide on what the best solution for your home should be. Good whole-house air purifiers are excellent at eliminating germs, bacteria, viruses and particles that could easily lead to airborne diseases in your house. In addition, people with asthmatic conditions and other allergic conditions generally benefit the most from good whole house air purifiers. This is because any good device should eliminate or reduce at least 97% of all allergens in your house.
If you’re looking to buy the best product, For Healthy Air offers whole house air purifier reviews and comparison.
Main Types of Whole-house Air Purifiers
- Flat Filter Air Cleaners – Often made from fiberglass, air cleaners built this way are effective at cleaning out dust and in blocking stubborn pollen. On the downside however, you must replace the filters every month besides the fact that there are not any good at eliminating very small microns and gas molecules.
- Extended Media air Cleaner – These models combine both electrostatic technology and normal air filters to clean out even the stubborn of pollen and dirt particles.
- Ultra violet air cleaners – These devices are the best t eliminating viruses, bacteria and common dirt types. They are in fact very common in hospitals and nursing homes where airborne diseases like tuberculosis could be of great risk to the people around.
- Electronic whole-house air cleaners – Very effective at cleaning out dirt and viruses, these devices use electronic charges to capture and block pollen particles like magnet. They can hold almost any type of molecule irrespective of their services. On the downside however they only work in the presence of electricity.
Main Benefits of Whole-house Air Purifiers
- Provide better air quality than standalone air purifiers
- They maintain the cleanliness and good quality of your central heating and cooling systems
- They can purifier air outside of our house before it gets in
- They are generally whisper silent operators
- They are cost effective, given that they clean out air and pollen in your home’s major rooms.
- They require little maintenance expect for replacing their filters
How to install a Whole-house air purifier
As we had earlier stated, it generally takes the skills of a trained and certified professional to do the installation process for you. All the same, the basics of this process involve placing the unit between your home’s air ducts such that air around your house passes through the air purifier. Finally, don’t be fooled by people who say these devices are for the wealthy. There are different devices for every price range, and as such if you want one for your house, go and get it.